When you want to kick it up a notch an add great depth of flavor with a kick, Blackened Seasoning fits the bill. When thinking about Blackened Seasoning, the first thing that comes to my mind being in south Texas is Redfish. Blackened Redfish on the halfshell is one of my favorite things to do on the grill. But blackened seasoning doesn’t just have to be fish. Blackened Chicken, Pork and even steak are delicious as well.
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- Mix all ingredients well in a bowl.
- The Key to great results is to dip fish, chicken or steak in melted butter, then apply seasoning Liberallly.